-->
INTERVIEW: The Dead South

INTERVIEW: The Dead South

INTERVIEW: The Dead South - Hallo friend Song Lyrics, You are on the right page if you are looking for song lyrics with the title INTERVIEW: The Dead South, This blog only contains song lyrics that aim to help you memorize your favorite songs, enjoy your songs and don't forget to subscribe to get updates on the latest song lyrics. If you feel the posts on this blog are useful, please share with your friends or family.

Enjoy it.



Other lyric you may like also


I have to admit that I am a secret lover of country-folk music. When it comes with a gritty voice then it becomes a passion.
This is what happened to me when I first heard of The Death South. 


LOMW: Most of the times when I listen to a band, I wonder what their name means, and this is how I am going to start this little Interview.
Would you share the story? 

TDS: When the band was in its very early stages we had a drummer and he came up with the name "The Dead Souths". It ended up sounding
like "The Dead Sauce" so we dropped the "s" and the name stuck. Luckily, the name suited our sound.

LOMW: "The Dead South can make you forget your troubles and even what century you’re in." Can you remember one show that people went completely crazy and couldn't let go? Do you also forget everything when you perform? 
By the way, whoever wrote about you in your website is brilliant! (I had to mention that).

TDS: I remember playing a campus festival in Germany and we played a cover of "This Little Light of Mine", which is an old traditional gospel song and everyone went absolutely mad. It was the first time I'd ever seen a circle pit to an acoustic gospel song. Performing live definitely takes you away to someplace else. I forget about everything and lock right into the show the moment the first chord strikes. 


Glad you enjoyed the bio! If you're referring to the individual bio's you can thank our old banjo player, Colton Crawford for that. He had a lot of fun writing those. 

LOMW: Illusion & Doubt, your new album is already out and you are going to hit your Germany Tour in May. What are the things you love and the things you hate during tours? 

TDS: There are a lot of things I love about tour and not many things I hate. I'm sure the experience is different for everyone but I really enjoy the tour routine...or lack thereof I suppose. The routine is generally always the same but different in specific ways from day to do day and tour to tour. You have to learn to roll with the punches every day and be okay wit not necessarily knowing exactly what is ahead of you. Every day you get to drive somewhere new, see new streets, towns, and meet new people. It can be challenging at times but like I mentioned, when the lights come on and the crowd begins to cheer I forget about everything and lock into the show. I love performing and sharing our music with people from all over the world. As for things I hate, I would have to say that being away from loved ones back home is the most difficult. It can also be hard to stay fit and healthy on tour which is something that is important to me.

LOMW: What puts you into writing mode? Is there something that never fails to trigger your imagination?

TDS: For me, it's usually a melody that comes into my head that gets me sat down and in the writing mood. I'm always humming or singing and when something clicks I try to record it right away on my phone. From there I'll sit down and may not even end up writing a song with the melody that came to me but it gets me in the mood.  

LOMW: If you had to choose a song to cover. Which one would you choose and why? 

TDS: Chop Suey by System of a Down. They are a huge influence, especially in terms of vocals and harmonies, and I think we could do a wicked acoustic version of it. It would suit our style and vocals well. Nate would sing Serj's parts, I can sing Daron's parts, and we'd make it as heavy and intense as we could.  

LOMW: They say that it's not right to judge a book by its cover, but I read the title of your song "In Hell I'll be In Good Company" and I thought that this is what matters. Good Company. How did you meet up all together. What's the story of this band?

TDS: Nate, Danny, and I have known each other since we were five years old and have been playing music together since high school. I met Colton in university and Nate met Colton through other mutual friends. Colton had just gotten a banjo for his birthday and was hanging out at Nate's house listening to Trampled by Turtles when they decided they wanted to start playing music like that. Danny and I joined the mix shortly after but none of us had ever played anything like bluegrass before and frankly, we weren't good enough at our instruments so we made it our own. We've been slowly learning the more we play and perform. 

LOMW: Since, this is a website from Greece, I want to ask you. What is the most interesting thing you have heard about Greece?

TDS: Nate, Danny, and I have actually been to Greece when we were in grade 12! We spent some time in Athens and also toured around the islands on a cruise ship. I really enjoyed riding a donkey up the hill in Santorini! We had an amazing time there and would love to return someday to play some music for all you folks.

LOMW: Are you thinking about adding a show in Greece on your next tour? 

TDS: We would love to! We have been touring in Germany a lot the past couple years but we are about to start venturing into new countries so hopefully Greece is one of them.

LOMW: From the vibes I get from you, I can guess that you are having great time together. 
What is the best thing you enjoy doing all together? 

TDS: We do have a lot of fun together! When you're on tour together all the time you become like a family and do almost everything together so getting along is of utmost importance. We all enjoy hanging out after shows together and being shown around the town by locals and fans.  

LOMW: Which song gets a music video next? Should we expect it soon?

TDS: I honestly don't know at the moment but we are planning to make a couple music videos this year so stay tuned!

LOMW: What are your future plans as a band? You can always answer in a personal matter, too! 

TDS: We want to continue expanding on what we currently have going for us. We'd like to start playing in the USA and other European countries now that we've seen some demand there. We're also excited to begin writing new songs with our new band members Eliza Doyle and Erik Mehlson.

LOMW: Thank you for sharing your time with us! I can only wish to see you sometime playing in Greece! Have fun an enjoy every moment!  

TDS: Thanks for the interview! Hopefully we will see you someday soon at a show in Greece. Take care!




The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be In Good Company 

Dead love couldn't go no further

Proud of and disgusted by her
Push shove, a little bruised and battered
Oh Lord I ain't coming home with you

My life's a bit more colder

Dead wife is what I told her
Brass knife sinks into my shoulder
Oh babe don't know what I'm gonna do

I see my red head, messed bed, tear shed, queen bee

My squeeze
The stage it smells, tells, hell's bells, miss-spells
Knocks me on my knees
It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt
Hang me on a tree
After I count down, three rounds, in hell I'll be in good company

Dead love couldn't go no further

Proud of and disgusted by her
Push shove, a little bruised and battered
Oh Lord I ain't coming home with you

My life's a bit more colder

Dead wife is what I told her
Brass knife sinks into my shoulder
Oh babe don't know what I'm gonna do

I see my red head, messed bed, tear shed, queen bee

My squeeze
The stage it smells, tells, hell's bells, misspells
Knocks me on my knees
It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt
Hang me on a tree
After I count down, three rounds, in hell I'll be in good company

In hell I'll be in good company



Thank you for your visit to Song Lyrics with titled INTERVIEW: The Dead South

All song content or lyrics on our blog are just examples, if you want to get original songs with better quality please visit the official website, Hopefully useful and help you.

Don't forget share to your social media by using the share button below.

Read Also
SHARE

Related Posts

Subscribe to get free updates

Post a Comment